Preparation to Meet New People
- Reflect on what went wrong with the last relationship.
- Let go of all the emotional baggage.
- Start looking for things that let you have fun.
- Talk to a therapist or a counselor.
- Let your friends and family members know that you want to date again.
- Assess if you are ready to meet new people.
- Know what things can make you feel good.
- Start taking better care of your health through exercising and eating healthy.
- Always look clean and presentable.
Trying Out Online Dating
- Plenty of Fish
- Coffee Meets Bagel
- Place your latest photo.
- Do not put too many filters on your photo.
- Have at least three photos.
- Do not place a photo of someone you do not know.
- Be honest.
- Place the things that you are interested in.
- Say something about your hobbies.
- Do not make your bio too long.
How Else to Meet Possible Dating Matches?
- Online Dating Apps
- Through Common Friends
- People You Met Before
Meeting Your Date
Be Physically Prepared
- Make sure that you have bathed or showered
- Use the right skincare products to make you feel better.
- You can do some meditation or breathing exercises.
- Wear clothes that will make you look and feel confident.
- Make sure that your clothes are clean and smell great.
- Iron wrinkled clothes.
- Over Coffee
Gifts Your Date
- Money and your card.
- Trust your gut.
- Plan B if the date fails.
Tips to Have Fun during the Date
- Never complain about your ex on dates.
- Watch out for some possible red flags that may manifest very subtly.
- Keep your sense of humor.
- Be honest and open about where you are at now.
- Have interesting conversations.
After the Date
You Liked Your Date
- Tell your date that you had a lot of fun.
- Show your interest towards the person.
- Do not go buck wild.
You Did Not Like Your Date
- Politely tell your date that you had fun.
- You may or may not need to say why a second date is not possible.
- Turn down politely if you get asked out on a date again.